1. Alexandra Adornetto. This pick shouldn’t come as a surprise to ANYBODY because I absolutely adore Alexandra Adornetto. She is my hero and the number one person that I want to meet in my life. I want to meet her so badly! I absolutely love her and it would just amaze me to meet her. Honestly, I would cry.
2. J.K. Rowling. Because I mean, c’mon, really. Who would turn down that opportunity? She essentially crafted my childhood with Harry Potter. Meeting J.K. Rowling would be more than a dream come true. I can’t even put this into words.
3. Jennifer Donnelly. Author of my favorite book, Revolution, Jennifer Donnelly seems like such a complex person. Her book impacted me so much. Her beautiful writing combined with her incredible plot and the history behind it! I would love to find out what exactly
4. John Green. Granted, I’ve already met him, but what I wouldn’t give for even just a few minutes talking with him one-on-one. We only had a few seconds and I don’t want to be considered a part of his monotony of fans and Nerdfighters. I think it would be amazing simply to talk with him. To have a conversation and talk about things.
5. Katherine Tegen. It’s no secret that I want to work in publishing and Katherine Tegen is such an incredible person. We’re friends on Facebook and I have to constantly resist the urge to stalk her. Her career essentially represents everything that I want to do with my life. She’s so…wow!
6. Doni Kay. Doni Kay is a sales rep at Penguin who went to my school. She’s from my hometown, graduated from my high school, and carved a career out for herself in publishing, which is exactly what I want to do! She works with my local indie bookstore sometimes and I was supposed to meet her last year when she came to Inkwood but it fell through. Anyways, I just really want to meet her and talk with her about publishing!
7. Brent Taylor. After writing my blog post on passion, Brent sent me an email about it and his email is on my wall. It’s so inspiring and he’s such an amazing and hilarious person! I was actually way too intimidated to go up and talk to him at BEA (because I mean, it’s Brent Taylor. He just radiates amazing-ness!) and I didn’t want to crazy fangirl. I’m obsessed with his blog and his tweets!
8. Jodi Reamer. Jodi Reamer is such an amazing agent. Her clients are absolutely phenomenal and she’s just one of those people who’s so talked about that she seems almost mystical. I would just love to meet her and talk with her. She’s one of those people with a career that I would love to have.
9. Kelsey Dickson. Oh, Kelsey. From her advice on high school to her hilarious comments on my Facebook profile to everything that she says, reads, and jokes about, I’m kind of obsessed with her. Kelsey is so great and so funny and she’s just one of those people that I have such a friend-crush on. I met her for two seconds at BEA but with the crazy rush of people and the fact that I hadn’t really connected with her until AFTER BEA, I didn’t get to talk with her or bond. I love Kelsey! I want to meet her!
10. Gabrielle Carolina. Gabrielle is hands-down one of my BEST blogger friends. She’s always there for me to talk to, talks me through both personal issues and writing-related issues and is one of the best people I could ever ask for. I was so bummed when she couldn’t make it to BEA and am praying that I get to meet her soon! Gabrielle is one of my favorite people ever!
11. Sarah LaPolla. Sarah LaPolla’s blog is so great. Her fascinating discussions and thoughtful ideas make it a must-read for me. I read her blog whenever she posts something new and she’s one of those agents that I hardcore stalk. She’s an incredible agent and her blog is AMAZING! I can’t gush enough about Sarah LaPolla!
11. Kristen Simmons. This one is also kind of cheating. Kristen lives in my hometown, so I’ve been dying to just talk to her sometimes. I keep imagining myself running into her at the grocery store, or writing at Starbucks and completely fangirling. I would love to go out to lunch with her sometimes (hey Kristen, how ’bout it?) or just carry on a conversation with her! It would be SO EASY to spend time with her so whenever I’m out in public, I always catch myself hoping that I randomly run into her. How awesome would that be?